- What is stationary used for?
- Why is it called stationary?
- How do you use stationary in a sentence?
- How do you remember stationary or stationery?
- What is the meaning of stationary body?
- What are the types of stationary?
- What is the opposite of stationary?
- What is the means of stationary?
- What is an example of stationary?
- What does stationary train mean?
- What does stationary mean in time series?
- What is the difference between stationery and stationary?
- What is another word for stationary?
- What is a good sentence for stationary?
- Is stationary an expense?
What is stationary used for?
Stationery refers to mass-produced materials used in writing, such as envelopes, paper, items like pens and pencils and other office materials.
While stationery once referred exclusively to handwritten products, it has expanded to include devices such as printers with the dawn of the technological age..
Why is it called stationary?
Originally, the term ‘stationery’ referred to all products sold by a stationer, whose name indicated that his book shop was on a fixed spot. … Stationers’ shops were places where books were bound, copied, and published. These shops often loaned books to nearby-university students for a fee.
How do you use stationary in a sentence?
(1) An astronaut will attempt to leave the stationary spaceship and then return to it. (2) The car collided with a stationary vehicle. (3) There was so much traffic that we were stationary for half an hour. (4) Wait until the bus is stationary before you get off.
How do you remember stationary or stationery?
One way to remember which word is which is to think of the ‘er’ in ‘paper’ as matching the ‘er’ in ‘stationery’. Most simply, stationary is an adjective that means “not moving,” and stationery is a noun that means “paper for writing letters.”
What is the meaning of stationary body?
stationary body means a body at rest or body without motion.
What are the types of stationary?
The Seven Stationery TypesThe Folded Note. These notes have inner and outer beauty. … The Flat Card. … The Memo Pad. … Non-Personalized Stationery. … Labels. … Contact Cards. … Stamps and Embossers.
What is the opposite of stationary?
stationary. Antonyms: movable, unfixed, migratory, removable, changeable, alterable.
What is the means of stationary?
1 : fixed in a station, course, or mode : immobile. 2 : unchanging in condition a stationary population.
What is an example of stationary?
The definition of stationary is not moving or not movable. An example of stationary is a bike at the gym that is attached to the floor. adjective.
What does stationary train mean?
adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] Something that is stationary is not moving. Stationary cars in traffic jams cause a great deal of pollution. The train was stationary for 90 minutes. Synonyms: motionless, standing, at a standstill, parked More Synonyms of stationary.
What does stationary mean in time series?
A common assumption in many time series techniques is that the data are stationary. A stationary process has the property that the mean, variance and autocorrelation structure do not change over time. … The differenced data will contain one less point than the original data.
What is the difference between stationery and stationary?
Stationary means “fixed,” “immobile,” or “unchanging.” … Stationery refers to paper, matching envelopes, and writing implements.
What is another word for stationary?
In this page you can discover 30 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for stationary, like: fixed, still, move, stock-still, stale, static, steadfast, steady, unmovable, unchanging and moving.
What is a good sentence for stationary?
Stationary sentence examples. If there’s a stationary point you could tie on to, all the better. The re-export trade is stationary and extremely small. In the Venetian districts the farmers often have small stationary flocks.
Is stationary an expense?
Any costs you incur for general office supplies, such as paper for printing, pens and envelopes can be claimed as a stationary expense.